Friday, June 15, 2007

Bathing suit shopping...


Today I decided it was time to go bathing suit shopping. YIKES! I absolutely hate bathing suit shopping. I hate it for several reasons...
1. my body (that's the obvious one)
2. the prices!
3. the tangles mess that bathing suits are when hanging on racks.
4. trying 400 + bathing suits on
5. wondering about the other people who have tried the same on on (yuck!)
I could go on and on. Anyways, I started in Sears and was surprised to find that most of the bathing suits were 50% off. That was cool. I find it funny that the bathing suits go on clearance/sale before summer even officially starts. Then I discovered that the new trend is buying tops and bottoms as separates, mix n' match. I am a big fan of the tankini, so we were off to a good start. I found a bottom that I liked on my first trip into the fitting room. That must be some kind of record!!! I couldn't find a good top so I purchased the bottom in faith that I would find a top at another store. So after a pit stop at Auntie Ann's pretzels I went to JC Penney's and found a top! Again on my first trip the fitting room. The suits were on sale at Penney's too. So I ended up spending about $50 dollars total. It was a wonderful bathing suit shopping experience! I NEVER thought that I would say wonderful and bathing suit in the same sentence!!!!!!! So, now I'm all set for my trip home to Long Island and for lots of summer days by the pool. Yeah!

No comments: