Saturday, November 14, 2009

i'd trade it all

i will be the first to admit how much i enjoy being single. i love sleeping in on the weekends, watching what i want on tv, going places at the drop of a hat and not having to tell anyone where i'm going or trying to find a babysitter. that's just a short list of the things that i enjoy about being single. i try to embrace those things when i'm feeling down about being single. my friends that are married with kids always tell me that they are jealous (in a friendly way) of all these things that i get to do. for example, i'm going on a cruise next week and last week when i had veteran's day off i stayed in my pjs all day and didn't leave the house. i love these things, i really do. BUT...i would trade it all for the desires of my heart; a husband to share my life with and kids to love and adore. so you may be jealous of the little, fun things i get to do being single, but i'm jealous of what you have. so when i gloat about these little things, its only because i'm trying to make myself feel better about the things i don't have yet. bare with me.....

1 comment:

merrill5 said...

you know I've been feeling the same way lately, - just wanting someone to share my life with,-let's get on with it already.
But I'd hate to be one of those girls that posts everything on facebook and makes my friend jealous... so I've been praying to find the right one, and have been praying that all of my single girlfriends find someone as well. isn't that funny? but hey! lets all have a summer of weddings coming up!!!!! After all I want all of my friends to be happy, not just me. :0)