Monday, September 24, 2007

scaed (scared)

i could really write a book of all the funny things that i hear my kindergarteners say-they crack me up! but instead i will try to remember to put them in a blog so that my readers can have a laugh too.

so i was working in the bookmaking center with this adorable little girl today. she doesn't use "r's" in her speech yet and she occasionally omits some other sounds. we were making a book about things that go (we are learning about transportation). she was pleased that she was able to complete the book without much difficulty. i could see her confidence building. she was telling me about her feelings about starting kindergarten and she said this; "ms. hawsey, i was gettin' a wittle scaed of kindewgaten, when kelly (her sister) said dey got pwdoh, and i said I'M DERE!" ( i tried to type it the way she said it).
definition-ms. halsey, i was getting a little scared of kindergarten, when kelly said they got play doh and i said "I'm there!"

how cute is that?!?! did you know that a little playdoh can take away a whole lot of fear?

3 comments:

merrill5 said...

Thank you for keeping me in the loop! here's one for you:
A child here was asked what his favorite animal was...
"Chicken!"
(children here don't have pets, they have dinner)

Jennifer said...

lol! thats a good one!!!

Unknown said...

I love reading your stories.... I can actually hear your voice when I read them. Miss you so much!!!!